Technical Service Reps
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Ensures customer satisfaction and loyalty by consulting with, assisting and resolving requests, inquiries and complaints, both verbally and in writing.
- Handles inbound calls effectively and efficiently through the use of proactive customer service and have the knowledge and ability to handle sales, repair and billing calls.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal techniques, is positive, pleasant, respectful and customer focused.
- Creates a satisfying experience for the customer by using professional customer service techniques, personalizing and focusing on adding value to the call.
- Builds rapport with the customer and assists in retention of the customer.
- Serves as a consultant to the customer.
- Actively listens, communicates clearly, concisely and assures customer understanding.
- Resolves questions/concerns efficiently and effectively through active listening and personalizing techniques and by focusing on adding value.
- Resolves basic problems on the first call, and with a minimum of transfers by consistently improving personal technical knowledge and understanding.
- Resolves product function problems on the phone, thereby minimizing truck rolls through the use of active listening, questioning and probing techniques.
- “Transitions” billing calls to billing specialists, if needed.
- Escalates calls to appropriate service centers, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
It is Insight’s policy to seek and employ qualified persons in all jobs in a manner which will ensure equal employment opportunity as well as administer personnel actions in a manner as to not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or any protected category. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Insight will only consider applicants who meet the minimum qualifications of the job.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- Requires a minimum of 12 to 18 months Customer Service Experience
- Strong knowledge of PC / networking TCP/IP and the internet.
- Ability to explain LAN and WAN networks to customers
- Knowledge of ICOMS Cable Billing systems.
- Thorough understanding of the Remedy, Scopus Back Office System, Tier 1, Tier 2, and NOC escalation procedures
- Strong Knowledge of Computer Operating Systems (Win 9x, ME, 2000, XP, MAC, etc.), Computer Software (IE, Netscape Navigator, Outlook Express, etc.) and Computer Hardware
- Ability to configure web browser software (i.e. Netscape, Internet Explorer and i.e. Netscape Mail)
- Working knowledge of two-way cable plant
- Working knowledge of modems including cable and KBPS
- High-speed data or other communications experience preferred.
- Ability to retain detailed and important information and/or instruction.
- Must have good organizational skills and prioritizing skills.
- Exhibits the ability to follow direction and the ability to follow-through.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Rosalind Scheitlin, Regional Recruiter
Apply online: Join Team Insight.